Sorry for my bloggy absence of late – I seem to be in a period of transition right now, trying to figure out my post-mat leave life. How I’m going to fit everything in. Class prep, motherhood, creative time, quality time with Joshua and Keaton. I know that this is what so many modern mothers go through. I feel like I’ve been a bit spinny and unfocused, and feeling busy without really getting much done. Craft projects for Keaton’s birthday party sit there unfinished, my teaching materials for my course (which starts in one week!) sit there without me having looked at them much, a lovely new pile of YA novels from the library sits there without me reading them, and the house is all cluttery. I’m having a hard time knowing what to tackle first. At times like this, it’s important to take a deep breath, and appreciate small things in the moment – things I’m loving right now.
Five Things I’m Lovin’ Right Now:
1) My new Lush (birthday gift from my fabulous sisters!) and new Om Naturale stuff (birthday gift to me from me!) – love the Lush shampoo bar (despite the fact that I found out it contains sodium laureth sulphate – they tout themselves as being so natural and homemade! Perhaps I am too naive) and the Om Naturale Fairy Cupcake Lip Balm.
2) This post on 1000 Awesome Things – I read it while eating a Twix bar. Candy RULES.
3) The Vampire Weekend show this past weekend – can those boys ever rock it out. And they’re so cute and polite, too! (Classic rock & roll shot courtesy of my hubby Joshua.)
4) A fabulous visit from Keaton’s Aunt Naomi and Uncle Tyler (Josh’s siblings) on Tuesday (and they’re coming over tonight, too! Yay!)
5) These Anthropologie boots - adorable, no? (As if I could ever afford them, but it’s fun to window shop.)